Sunday, September 2, 2012

Shortcuts - Lawless

Once again, here we are with Shortcuts - mini-reviews to whet your appetite for the meat to come - just a few hours late. This is getting to be a bad habit.

Lawless

The number of perfect movies ever made probably constitutes less than .01% of the aggregate cinematic output of human history, so I’m sure you can understand that when I come across one, the tendency is to gush. However, in the interests of restraint I've decided to use this handy checklist instead. Sound good? Okay then. Writing? Check. Directing? Check. Acting? Double check. Cinematography? Check. Period authenticity? Check. Ability to completely enthrall? Check. I think you get the idea. Lawless is that rare bird; so perfect that I found myself searching for something – anything – to criticize. There was nothing to find.

10/10

-GABE

Thanks for tuning in! Be sure to click on the banner below to check out our YouTube channel, where you can watch our videos, "like" them, subscribe to the channel, and leave a comment or a question!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Views